COMMUNITY COMPETITION FEES
Team Entry – $70
- This fee is due upon registration of a social team. Community clubs will absorb this fee for anyone that participates in any of there teams.
- A $20 late entry administration fee is placed on top of this fee for teams that enter in after the fixtures have been released.
- This fee isn’t a bond for your team’s place in the season. It is a fee that contributes towards the cost of the administration for the competitions (i.e. fixtures)
Game Tickets – $10
- A game ticket must be purchased before every game.
- Prepaid tickets are available to purchase at our shop (link above). These tickets are ideal for those who wish to skip the line of often have kids playing at different stadiums.
- Games tickets cover our variable costs that we incur to run a basketball game. I.e. Referees, Staff, Court hire.
Basketball Victoria Licence Fee – $30 – $50
- $25 for participants under 18 years of age
- $39 for participants over the age of 18.
- This fee is due once every 365 days. This usually occurs at the beginning of either a winter or summer competition. PlayHQ will recognise automatically if you need to pay this.
- Basketball Victoria Insurance -This is your insurance for you whilst you are on court.
Geelong United Basketball Membership – $60
- This fee includes the $30 Facility Levy
- This fee is due once every season
- If you play for multiple teams, please contact the GUB office for more information on how to avoid paying your fees twice.
- This fee contributes to the costs that GUB incur that are fixed. I.e. Rent and utilities.
- Junior Fine (Includes Friday Night School League) – $100
- Senior Fine – $120
- These fees will be applied when a forfeit is given with less than 5 business days of the fixtured game.
- All forfeits notified to GUB with 5 business days or more, will incur no fee as this allows GUB to re-fixture a game in it’s place.
- Any one team that forfeits more than three games within the season, will be flagged, and will either be withdrawn from the competition, or incur an additional fine. This will be decided by GUB staff with input from the offending team and community club.
- GUB doesn’t wish to charge a fine on teams for not showing up for a game. This fine is in place help GUB covers the costs incurred regardless of if a game is played or not.
Withdrawal Fine – $100
- This fee is incurred when a team withdraws from the competition after they have participated in more then one game.
- If a Team Withdraws from the competition, GUB will not be able to provide a refund for the Team entry paid also.
- This fine is in place as withdrawing incurs significant additional administrative duties that are avoidable.
If you would like to discuss any of the above fees with us in more detail, please feel free to Contact Us.